This is our Health and Safety Policy:
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health and provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities.
- To provide adequate training to ensure graduates are competent to do their work.
- To engage and consult with students on day-to-day health and safety conditions and provide advice and supervision on occupational health.
- To implement emergency procedures – evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
First-aid box and accident book are carried by the tutor
Accidents and ill health at work will be reported under RIDDOR: (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations)
Final responsibility for Health and Safety is with Jane Collins
Subject to review, monitoring and revision by Jane Collins
Specific Health and Safety Procedures
Injury to trainees/students through physical activity.
- To ensure instructions for activities are clear and well understood.
- To ensure that preparation for activities is thorough to avoid injury.
- To ensure that equipment used is appropriate and in good condition.
Slips and falls in venue
- To ensure that floors are kept clear and dry. Full inspection of premises required.
- To inform trainees/students of fire procedures