Immerse yourself in the practice and philosophy of the yoga that you love. Our programme of study will give you the knowledge required to become proficient in teaching a wide range of hatha yoga postures, sequences, pranayama practices, meditation and deep relaxation techniques. Your own abilities will inevitably evolve as you delve deeply into the theory behind the practice.
The course is designed to create skillful, compassionate, creative and confident teachers with an understanding of how to apply yoga practices to suit the students you encounter.
You will learn how to create and deliver yoga classes in both slow and dynamic styles for a range of different students.
You will be taught to observe students, and assist and adjust, using verbal cues and sometimes with hands-on adjustments, with a thorough understanding of how to adapt to a range of common physical limitations.
Together we will study the human body and how its systems function, and we will explore the way that the yogic concepts of the subtle body including the nadis, vayus and chakras, intersect with modern Western concepts and the latest scientific research.
You will become knowledgeable about the history of yoga, from the beginnings to modern day, and you will learn about the fascinating philosophy that underpins the yogic way of life.
We will show you how to set up, organise and manage a yoga business, and give you a foundation upon which to grow your yoga career. There is so much to discover!
Hatha Yoga Studies
- Relaxation and Yoga Nidra
- How to teach effectively
- Creating a positive, accessible learning environment
- Class planning
- Understanding bodies and adjusting to different requirements
- Physical assists
- Plenty of actual teaching practice to develop confidence
- Sequencing for a variety of levels
- Partner yoga
- Teaching on chairs
- Teaching yoga to children
- Teaching pregnant women within your general classes
- Teaching for a selection of common physical limitations
- Study of various Yoga texts
- Full exploration of Patanjali’s 8 limbs of Yoga
- The History of Yoga
- Understanding of the Chakras, Nadis and other yogic concepts
- Yoga and Science
Anatomy and Physiology
- Main systems of the human body
- Common ailments and how to consider these as a yoga teacher
- Detailed study of the body’s joints and how we take care of them
- Detailed study of yoga postures and the muscles involved
Becoming a Professional Yoga teacher
- Developing a career in yoga teaching
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Managing a yoga business
This is a minimum, our courses are constantly evolving and with the knowledge of Simon and Jane and their guest teachers, you will experience so much more!
For our application form please click here.
Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may register with Yoga Alliance Professionals to use their relevant membership level designation, as a sign of quality training.